Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Talents under a bushel? Release them.

The teenagers of our day are doing way too much talent hiding under a bushel. What I mean, is that if you hide your talents under a bushel, no one will get to see how well you can sing "On the good ship lollipop" or "Eye of the tiger". That's a shame. It's also a sin. I abhor sin. I also don't like cauliflower or canned yams. I once knew a girl my age who hid her bushel under a bushel. Too bad for her. As far as I could tell, she had a really nice bushel.

4 comments:

Stephen Erastus Knudsen III said...

Anything canned is of the Lord. If you were a real bishop you would know that.

Bishop Higgins said...

What about canned worms? You know, when people say, "You just opened up a can of worms" and then they say, "Don't go there". That is certainly not of the Lord. Bishop Higgins, 1. Stephen erastus Knudsen the third, 0.

Ouch.

Stephen Erastus Knudsen III said...

My Dear Brother Higgins,

If you were a real bishop, you would know that Jesus Christ is the son of man. On this there is no debate. Of course you would also know that Job 25:6 tells us quite clearly that "the son of man is a worm." Thus, if the son of man is Jesus and the son of man is a worm, how could a can full of Jesus not be of the Lord?

I will grant you that the expression "Don't go there" is not of the Lord, but that is due mainly to the less-valiant ethnic connotations, which you also see in the retort "oh no you di'nt."

As for the scoring, I will wait for my final score as tallied by those angels above us who are silent notes taking. You can take your points here in this world if you would rather, for therein you have your reward.

Bishop Higgins said...

Brother Knudsen, I think you got me. (Except the part where you said I'm not a real bishop).