Monday, October 06, 2008

Get To Know Your Ward Members

This Week's Profile: Stanford Camdon

Stanford Camdon may have a dumb name, but he has a terrific job. He owns a company that is the fourth largest producer of circus peanuts in the western United States (not including Colorado). He inherited the company from his aunt who ran the company for years.

You may have noticed that brother Camdon is hard of hearing. That's a result, he shouted to me one day, of being around all the heavy machinery at his factory. You may have noticed that brother Camdon only has one leg. That's because of an accident that took place at the factory years ago. You may have noticed that brother Camdon is missing three fingers on his left hand. He was born that way. Try not to stare.

Brother Camdon, great to have you in the ward.

6 comments:

Just Me said...

I think you should ask Brother Camdon to speak at Sacrament Meeting. And assign him the topic of why circus peanuts taste like banana candy. I've fasted and prayed about this, but haven't received my answer from God yet. He must be too busy because of the hurricane.

Brent Festge said...

I think they taste exactly like real peanuts. And sin.

Anonymous said...

Are you a real bishop?

John S. Shumway said...

That picture makes me sick. Glad he's not in my ward.

Bishop Higgins said...

"Are you a real bishop?" This question get asked so much it reminds me of the other question I get asked all the time, which is, "Where can I get really fashionable knee length shorts" and "Is Cherie Call's heart really made of wind?" I may not answer the questions the way you want to hear them, but I'm going to talk straight to the people of the ward.

Bill said...

I don't think he lost those fingers I think his hand ate them look how huge that thing is. My question is where does he find pants w/a pocket big enough to get that hand in?