Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Get to know your ward members

Garvin Hebler has just moved in the ward. He is very difficult to be around, but that's no reason we should not love him any less than we love any of our other ward members, like, say, sister Kerby or that lady that always wears purple. I wish I could remember her name. I think it rhymes with "Cornish".

I called brother Hebler and asked him to introduce himself to the ward and tell us a little bit about himself. Here is brother Hebler's response.

Arrrrrrrr! Why don't you leave me alone. I just cooked up a plate of hot spam and I don't want to be bothered. Ok. If you must know something about me, I was the one that came up with the phrase "In God we trust. All others pay cash". Now quit calling me. That's it. I'm getting caller ID.
Welcome to the ward, brother Hebler, you crazy old son of a gun.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it

Carla Schmidt Holloway said...

It's so important to reach out to and spend time with those who don't fit into your social groups easily, because with more exposure to normal people like you, they may just change their personality to mesh better with the group!

Anonymous said...

I feel all giggly inside.
Karen

Anonymous said...

It's always best to pop in on people, never call ahead or it gives them time to hide their 24 seasons 1-6 DVD collection and Dr Pepper. these are things bishops need to know about!

Trilly said...

Yay! Hope you'e not teasing us and you're back for good Bish!

Anonymous said...

Bishop, did you change the gender just to make me feel more comfortable?? Gosh, I didn't realize that my desire to be left alone sounded so gull-darn hostile!

An anonymous sister