Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm a giver. I love to give.

So many times in our lives, we're asked at parties and on surveys, what are those things in which we excel. What are we good at. And we always put down down things like water-skiing, playing the organ, getting pencils really sharp without breaking the lead, and the like. Those things we always put down without fail. Acquired skills.

But here's something I'm good at, naturally. I'm a giver. I love to give. I'm so much like Jesus in that way that sometimes it makes me laugh. Just the other day I was riding in the car with my family (we were going to Trafalga Fun Center) and I just started laughing. To them I started laughing for no reason at all. In fact, to my wife, I was being insensitive, because apparently she was trying to tell all of us about some person she knows that has cancer or asthma or something. So I started laughing out loud, but it was only because I was realizing how much I am like Jesus, on account of how much I love to give.

What about you. At which skills do you excel?

5 comments:

Michael Carpenter said...

I'm naturally gifted with humility. In fact, I would say that I'm possibly the most humble person in the world. (Well, maybe just in the church.)

Anonymous said...

I excel at Excel. and I'm naturally good at it. Naturally, I was good at Excel before there was Excel.

I'm not so good at humility.

Anonymous said...

I think I've told you this before, but I'm really good at spotting a toupee.
Sis. Kerby

Anonymous said...

Probably my greatest skill is indentifying other peoples’ faults. I love helping others identify their short-comings that are keeping them from truly becoming celestial material. In fact, Bishop, I have noticed a few things in your behavior that we should chat about.

Also, I am good with humility.

peglam said...

Dear Bishop, Even tho your comments about how much you love to give sounds a bit like maybe you are bragging, I know you better than that. I know you really do love to give and just keep looking for more ways you can give and serve. Like you said, you are a lot like Jesus. I know you are just letting your light shine and not hiding it under a bushel! Happy Sabbath!