Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Bishop's Confession


Well, now that my son Nathan has already told a number of you, I feel I ought to come right out and say it. I have a poster in my shop of Shelly Long from the TV show Cheers. I should have taken it down long ago. That part is true. And, as many of you know, a few years ago my wife and I were going through a difficult time. It was then that I found comfort in the poster. But, I never spoke to the poster. And I most certainly did not kiss the poster as my son Nathan has told many of you on several occasions including last Sunday during his talk in Sacrament meeting.

Nathan and I have spoken about this and he is willing to admit that part of the story came from an episode in his own life when he kissed a poster of a popular musical group called Christina Aguilera.

I want all of you to know that I will immediately remove and destroy the Shelly Long poster.

Now, let us please get back to how we were before when you confessed to me and not the other way around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelly Long huh? VAVAVAVOOOOM!
Yep, I'd like to take a spin on the merry-go-round of sin with her myself. That is if I wasn't already married to my eternal sweetheart. All 273lbs of her.

Anonymous said...

Bishop,

I was wondering that if you haven't already destroyed the poster if I might by chance take it off of your hands. It would go really well up between my Ted Danson poster and my David Hasselhoff poster.

Just wondering.

Bro. Burton