Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Could All The Old People Please Stand Up, Now Sit Down, Now Stand Up Again


I really have to apologize to all the old people in the ward for what I did in Sunday School. For those of you that were in the Temple Preparation class or in the primary, I'll tell you what I did. I had to make an announcement about our canning assignment this coming week, so I said, "Will all the old people please stand up". Then I asked them to sit down. Then I got a hilarious idea. "OK, now stand up again. Now sit down. Now stand up. Now sit down. Now stand up. Now sit down." I wanted to see how many times I could do it before Sister Call gave up. Boy, she was a trooper. I didn't know if she'd ever quit, and then all the sudden there was a loud "snap" and she quit standing. I wish you could have all seen it.

But I really do need to apologize because a couple people had to be carried out in to the hall and given water. I didn't really intend for that to happen or for anyone to get hurt and I guess I didn't think it through very well. It's rare, but sometimes Bishops make mistakes, too.

I promise I won't do it again. Yes I will. No I won't. Yes I will. No I won't.
Just kidding. I won't. I promise.

4 comments:

hyrum said...

i just wanted to say that i thought it was a great activity in preparation for all the heavy lifting we have in store at the cannery this week.

by the way, my back hurts, i hurt it sunday night while moving furniture while home teaching, so mark me off the list that was passed around in priesthood. sorry.

Anonymous said...

Bishop,
I just wanted to say that the picture in this post of Sis Luana Olsen is very inappropriate not to mention unflattering. I know that her grandson Nick finds it amusing to take such pictures of her with her wig on backwards and post them on his Myspace page, but I would hope the Bishop would know better. Sis. Beverly Elliott

Bishop Higgins said...

You don't have the Holy Spirit, do you. Because if you did, you would know that while this picture isn't as nice as say, that one of you at the High School Cafeteria where you won employee of the month, it is much better than all the other images Nick has taken showing mostly her Varicose veins. She should be thanking me. Who's the one that should know better, now?

Anonymous said...

I wish we were in your ward, or you in ours. You seem like soo much fun. :D